Dear All,

I am aware of some important precedents which Disabled People's
Organisations (DPOs)have helped to set under the 2010 Equality Act and am
trying to compile a brief digest of them.  If you have been involved with or
have a particular insight into either published settlements established due
to the content of the Act or have some personal knowledge of one or more
cases taken under it, it would help greatly if you are willing to share any
information with me.  I am equally interested in cases which you may know
about and feel have been less than helpful in terms of the interpretations
or positions resulting from their conclusion.

For these purposes, I am interested solely in cases which have been taken
under any of the disability (or combined) heads of claim, or which have
clear and direct application/relevance to Disabled People.  The other
important factor or restriction upon the info I am currently seeking is that
I only want details of cases taken in non-employment contexts, unless an
Employment Appeals Tribunal (or higher employment jurisdiction decision) of
which you are aware, sheds light on access to goods, facilities, services or
education for Disabled People.  NB: case decisions reached in the lower
courts cannot typically be viewed as precedents.

I know that Disabled People's Organisations have often been at the centre of
taking cases  and am particularly keen to gain a strategic insight into case
management which you may have acquired from pursuing such  claims within
your group or network.  If you think you may know someone who could help who
is not on this list, please forward this query to them on my behalf.

Finally, if you know about a pending appeal or other pending matter relevant
to this research, I would again appreciate you getting in touch.  I can
promise to keep confidential any issues which you would not want at this
stage placed in the public domain.

If you have a point related to this query which may further list discussion,
please by all means share it with the whole list, otherwise please email me
off-list on [log in to unmask] and I will undertake to share with
the list a digest of any relevant cases I hear about, provided I have the
consent to do so of the person disclosing the issue to me and/or of any
other relevant parties

Yours in solidarity,

Mike Higgins
(in a personal capacity)