Hello all

I'm in the process of a major revision/extension of the lingvoj ontology [1]
Basically this vocabulary is providing and will provide more in the new
version ways to describe the various use of languages by people and
organizations, geographical scope and status, usage in documents or during
events.

In the current version, all properties of which range is the Language class
are defined as subproperties (specializations) of dcterms:language. But the
domain of such properties are not (only) information resources or
documents, since they define e.g., the level of fluency of a person in a
language (understood, read, written), the languages spoken in a country
(official or not), the communication language(s) of an agent, the official
languages used during an event etc.

Although the range of such properties is the same as the one of
dcterms:language (dcterms:LinguisticSystem), and the domain of this
property is left open has many other ones in DC terms, I wonder if it's not
stretching a bit too much the initial intent of dcterms:language to declare
it as the superproperty of all those.

Thoughts?

[1] http://www.lingvoj.org/ontology

--