Hello,

The "Shift Dist" in Analysis is:

sqrt(d1*d1 + d2*d2)

where d1 = delta1*scaleFactor1 and similarly for d2, where the scale
factors are as entered in the dialog and the deltas are just the
differences of the shift values.  This looks like eqn (1) in that paper.

The "Shift Sum" is abs(d1) + abs(d2).  This looks like eqn (5) in that
paper.

I'm not sure there is any perfect answer here.

Wayne