PS just checked an example, and the the refmac input and output F and SIGF are in fact NOT the same and have been subjected to something more than linear scaling.
This was using refmac version 5.5.0109, admittedly not the newest one.
So using the refmac output mtz as input for the next run is wrong as Tim states, although it is probable that in practice the resulting differences may not be noticeable.

Mark J van Raaij
Laboratorio M-4
Dpto de Estructura de Macromoleculas
Centro Nacional de Biotecnologia - CSIC