On 23 Jan 2013, at 16:07, Dave Roberts <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Anyway, we have an old Indigo SGI that runs our NMR.  It's a console only system, and we access it via the network from another old SGI (toaster model - blue).  The console does not have a video card (nor space for one), so I can't plug in to it and see what's happening.
>
> Anyway, our network was recently updated, and in doing so it has made access to our console system unavailable.  We can't get there because the IP's that used to be needed are no more.

I'm not familiar with the Indigo, but I presume it has a serial port over which you could log in to the machine.  Connect the Indigo to an accessible machine with a serial cable (you can even get serial/USB adapters that sort-of work, too) and run something like minicom or screen.

// Cheers; Johan

      Postdoctoral Fellow @ Physical Biosciences Division
    Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory * 1 Cyclotron Rd.
Mail Stop 64R0121 * Berkeley, CA 94720-8118 * +1 (510) 495-8055