But I think the original poster meant partially overlapped after applying
the ncs- operator- i.e. they are not ncs related but occupy partly the same
position (in the two non-overlapping copies of the binding site).

Then I guess it depends how clear the density is- If the density is not very
clear and if the protein residues of the active site do follow ncs, I would try
rebuilding ligand b to match a and (separately) a to match b and refining
with ncs applied to the ligand; and see if the resulting fit looks just as good.
eab