Many apologies. Date and place for this year’s workshop above.

I’m so sorry

Robin

From: Robin Humphrey
Sent: Tuesday, January 29, 2013 10:23 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Cc: Rosaleen Howard; Steve Walsh; I H Thompson; john bond; Catherine Exley; Frank Mueller; Menelaos Gkartzios; Chris Haywood; Rhiannon Mason; 'SIMPSON R.'; 'O'NEILL M.'; 'Ian Greener ([log in to unmask])'; 'HARROP C.'; 'LOUGHLIN E.'
Subject: Writing across Boundaries Workshop, 18/19 April, 2013, Collingwood College, Durham University, UK

Dear Colleague (and apologies for cross posting)

If you are supervising a 3rd (or 4th) year doctoral candidate in the social sciences who is engaged in writing up qualitative data, then you might be interested in applying for them to attend this workshop, which has been specifically designed to help them with this process.  This is the sixth year this very well-received and popular workshop has run, and the third time that we are accepting nominations from outside the UK, as well as from British universities.

Please note that doctoral candidates  have to be supported in their nomination by their supervisor. I'd be very grateful if you could forward this message to relevant doctoral candidates and supervisors in your School.

Further details, including online nomination forms, are available on the website associated with the project:

https://www.dur.ac.uk/writingacrossboundaries/

There has been considerable interest in the Writing on Writing section of the site, where social science luminaries write short pieces on writing. The latest piece is by the sociologist Les Back. Previous pieces posted include ones by Marilyn Strathern,  Liz Stanley, Norman Denzin, JP Roos, Arthur Kleinman, Howard Becker, Ken Plummer, Harry Walcott, Alan Walker, William Outhwaite, Bryan Turner, Julian Le Grand, Arthur Frank, Jaber Gubrium, Tim Ingold, Harvey Molotch, Roy Wagner, Catherine Finer Jones,  Shulamit Reinharz, Ann Tsing and Paulla Ebron and Paul Nchozi Nkwi, Ann Tsing and Paulla Ebron. There is also a section  where  doctoral candidates can submit pieces on writing, called Postgraduates on Writing.

With best wishes

Robin Humphrey (Newcastle University) and Bob Simpson (Durham University)