CALL FOR PAPERS:

BILL OVERTON MEMORIAL CONFERENCE ON EIGHTEENTH-CENTURY POETRY

Loughborough University, 18-19 September 2013

As many people will know, Bill Overton, who was Professor of Literary Studies at Loughborough, died in early September last year after a period of illness. Bill was widely known and highly respected as a scholar, as a teacher and as a friend. Many of us wished to pay our own respects to him, and to afford an opportunity for the wider community to come together to do so in a fitting form. Because eighteenth-century poetry was always one of his main loves, that is the topic for this memorial conference. We hope many of you will be able to join us.

Offers of papers are invited on any aspect of eighteenth-century poetry in English, including the work of individual poets or groups of poets, poetic themes or forms, theories of poetry, contemporary contextualisation of poetry, poetry publishing, poetic readership, and poetry in manuscript. We take ‘eighteenth-century’ as any work first published between 1688 and 1799, or work by any writer whose death or birth fell within those years. Papers should be 20 minutes long.

Potential contributors are requested to send a title and a brief abstract (no more than 250 words) to the conference email address, [log in to unmask], by 15 March 2013. More informal enquiries about the event are also welcome.

With thanks.

Allan Ingram, Professor of English, University of Northumbria

Elaine Hobby, Professor of Seventeenth-Century Studies, Loughborough University

British Association for Romantic Studies

http://www.bars.ac.uk<http://www.bars.ac.uk/>

To advertise Romantic literature conferences, publications, jobs, or

other events that the BARS members would be interested in, please

contact Neil Ramsey <[log in to unmask]>

Also use this address to register any change in your e-mail address,

or to be removed from the list.

Messages are held in archives, along with other information about the

Mailbase at: http://www.jiscmail.ac.uk/lists/bars.html