Senior Lecturer in Statistics (Full-time and permanent)
University of Kent, School of Mathematics, Statistics & Actuarial Science

Salary range: £45,486 - £52,706
Closing date: Sun 20 Jan 2013
Interviews: Weds 13 Feb 2013
Reference: STM0293

We are looking for someone with a strong track record in research,
evidenced by publications in leading statistical journals, and the
potential to attract external research funding. He/she will be expected
to further enhance the international research profile of the Statistics
Group both individually and through interactions with other members of
the Group. The successful applicant will also be expected to contribute
strongly to teaching at both undergraduate and postgraduate level.

The Statistics group at Kent currently comprises 6 Professors, 1 Reader
and 7 Lecturers, with three research associates and 14 PhD students. In
RAE 2008, 65% of our research was assessed as internationally excellent
or world leading. Our research emphasis is broad, including Bayesian
methods, particularly Bayesian nonparametrics and MCMC, statistical
ecology, nonparametric regression, applied probability and risk, time
series and finance, medical image analysis, biological modelling and
shape analysis. We have good collaborative links on campus, for example
with the School of Biosciences and the Durrell Institute of Conservation
Ecology.

The Statistics Group is part of the School of Mathematics, Statistics
and Actuarial Science, which has nearly 50 full-time academic staff and
offers a variety of UG and PG degrees, with about 950 current students.
As well as a BSc in Mathematics and Statistics, we have a long-running
MSC programme in Statistics and a recently launched MSc in Statistics
with Finance.

For further particulars, or to make an application, visit
http://www11.i-grasp.com/fe/tpl_kent01.asp?newms=jj&id=36684&aid=14243

Informal enquiries can be made to: Professor Martin Ridout ([log in to unmask])

SIGNOFF allstat