I must confess to finding myself confused and perturbed by the contradictory messages and standards of acceptability that are generated by these kinds of identity politics:

Texts exclusively focused on culture group A are Good but Texts exclusively focused on culture group B are Bad

Castigating an entire group of people linked by either cultural heritage/ DNA haplo-group/ linguistics/ Some other selected point of connection is either (Insert Group label)-Phobic/ Bigoted  or contrary-wise entirely acceptable.

One could make a whole list of such contradictory positions

In the absence of any semblance of logic or reason to such argumentation would it not be better and frankly far more relevant to the purposes of this list to simply ask the question – ‘Is this text interesting/ useful/ stimulating in so far as it discusses the theory and practice of magic?’

Bw

Jon

Jon Sharp, Acting Director of Learning and Teaching Services

University of East Anglia, Norwich Research Park, Norwich, NR4 7TJ

Office: Room 0.27, The Registry      Email: [log in to unmask]

Tel: 01603 597374, or contact Liz Monahan: [log in to unmask] on (59) 3563

Mobile: 07795666465

This email is confidential and may be privileged.  If you are not the intended recipient please accept my apologies; please do not disclose, copy or distribute information in this email or take any action in reliance on its contents: to do so is strictly prohibited and may be unlawful.  Please inform me that this message has gone astray before deleting it.  Thank you for your co-operation.