Dear Christopher,

I find this fascinating, and enlightening.  I've read that this is also the case for ancient Egypt - that "religion" did no exist as a separate category.  Is that the case (she asks, thinking that there are those here who are likely to know)?

(I've changed the title to reflect the question, I hope that's ok).

Thanks,
Janet