It would be good to have a few more details so we can choose which day to book as an early bird. I can't afford both days but have no idea which would be best for me. For example are the workshops for beginners? Topics? Do you have some working titles for some of the talks? Thanks Kate
Sent from my BlackBerry® smartphone on O2

-----Original Message-----
From:         "Lyndsey Clark (Visitor Studies Group)" <[log in to unmask]>
Sender:       Visitor Studies Group discussion list <[log in to unmask]>
Date:         Tue, 11 Dec 2012 14:51:41
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Visitor Studies Group 2013 Conference & AGM

Early-Bird Registration NOW OPEN until Christmas
4th and 5th February 2013, 10am – 5.00pm
London Wetland Centre, Barnes

For the first time this year we are extending the conference to two full
days of workshops, seminars, talks and discussions which will be a
fantastic opportunity to hear about the latest ideas for Visitor Studies,
share your experiences and learn from other members. Our venue is
particularly fitting as this year's theme for our Conference and AGM is
'Environments'. We will be offering sessions covering how your
environments affect the visitor experience, how you evaluate environmental
factors and what influence environments might have on your work.

Monday 4th February will be a day of talks and discussions as well as VSG
news and AGM. Highlights include Keynote Speaker architect Gareth Hoskins,
particularly known for contemporary yet considered design responses for
the reuse of listed buildings, and in the creation of spaces for
community, heritage and social purposes. Other sessions will cover a range
of topics from innovative work in outside environments to Access in indoor
spaces.

On Tuesday 5th February we will be focusing on practical workshops. Each
delegate will have the opportunity to choose three workshops from a
selection of six, as well as the plenary session. Workshops cover visitor
studies tools, techniques, projects and findings in a range of
environments from art galleries, outdoor spaces, museums, zoos, parks and
even digital spaces.

Early Bird registration for the whole day event costs just £160 (£100 for
full-time students and unwaged). Or £90 for one day only. Booking forms
can be found at: http://www.visitors.org.uk/node/511.