Yes, I definitely like this function :-)
However, it appears to be limited to SPM's interactive window for exploring results, and thus to clusters that are defined statistically (and have a corresponding SPM.mat file).
What I would looove to see is a "save current cluster" function in an image viewer that is displaying my binary .nii image of spatially separated clusters. That is, an implementation of something similar what your script does into an interactive image viewer.
Anyway, until someone comes up with that I'll be just fine with the scripts you and Donald provided.
Thanks a lot for that again.

Best,
Michel