My colleague in the USA, Managing Editor Gregg Wentzell, has asked me to post the message below to international lists since I am a Canadian member of the Editorial Board of the Journal on Excellence in College Teaching. It is my pleasure to pass the message along to SEDA friends and colleagues.
With best wishes for the holiday season,
Alan Wright, University of Windsor, Canada

Dear Colleagues: I am delighted to announce that the latest issue of the Journal on Excellence in College Teaching (www.muohio.edu/ject/) is now available in print and online.

Volume 23, number 4 (2012) focuses on Visions of Students Today. The issue’s articles offer evidence-based practices to engage readers in the dialogue about how to help bridge the generational differences in our classrooms that can get in the way of learning.

The articles in this issue are:

Visions of Students Today: A Message From the Editors, G. W. Wentzell et al.

Exploring Students’ Use of E-Mail for Out-of-Class Communication:Frequency, Satisfaction, and Learning Self-Efficacy, Q. Zhao et al.

Power and Peril of Wikipedia: Exercises in Social and Industrial/Organizational Psychology Courses, P. C. Bernhardt

Media, Millennials, and the Academy: Understanding the State of Media Literacy Within Higher Education, H. C. Schmidt

College Students’ Comfort Level Discussing Death With Faculty and Perceptions of Faculty Support for Grief-Affected Students, A. S. Hedman

An Individual or a Group Grade: Exploring Reward Structures and Motivation for Learning, C. S. Collins

Defying Borders: Transforming Learning Through Collaborative Feminist Organizing and Interdisciplinary, Transnational Pedagogy, T. Carney et al.

The Journal is a peer-reviewed venue published at Miami University since 1990 by and for faculty at universities and two- and four-year colleges to increase student learning through effective teaching, interest in and enthusiasm for the profession of teaching, and communication among faculty about their classroom experiences. It answers Ernest Boyer's (1990) call for a forum to present the scholarship of teaching and learning. The Journal provides a scholarly, written forum for discussion by faculty about all areas affecting teaching and learning, and gives faculty the opportunity to share proven, innovative pedagogies and thoughtful, inspirational insights about teaching.

For information about subscribing, submitting manuscripts, or other inquiries, visit the Journal website (www.muohio.edu/ject/) or contact

Gregg Wentzell, Managing Editor
Journal on Excellence in College Teaching
Center for the Enhancement of Learning, Teaching,
   and University Assessment
Miami University
Oxford, OH 45056
Telephone: 513-529-9265
E-mail: [log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]).

Best regards,

Gregg

Gregg Wentzell, PhD
Managing Editor