Dear colleagues

Our University has just had a review of the operation of our Disability Support Office and one of the key recommendations is to support the strengthening of the training and awareness raising we provide to all staff groups – I take this to mean issues such as:

Support for managers of staff with disabilities;

Support for support staff supporting disabled students (gosh a lot of support there);

Support for academic staff in developing inclusive curriculum design/teaching practice;

Enhancing the role of local disability coordinators as first point of contact for students with disabilities.

So a few questions:

Anyone had any relevant similar recent experience of this kind of wholesale re-thinking and what does your training/awareness programme now look like;

Anyone aware of any really good on line/e learning resources that might be useful for this;

Any recommendations on external consultancies that work in this field.

If you can help please reply off the list to: [log in to unmask]

Many thanks

Paul