Government of Paper - Matthew S. Hull - University of California Press
In the electronic age, documents appear to have escaped their paper confinement. But we are still surrounded by flows of paper with enormous consequences. In the planned city of Islamabad, order and disorder are produced through the ceaseless inscription and circulation of millions of paper artifacts among bureaucrats, politicians, property owners, villagers, imams (prayer leaders), businessmen, and builders. What are the implications of such a thorough paper mediation of relationships among people, things, places, and purposes? Government of Paper explores this question in the routine yet unpredictable realm of the Pakistani urban bureaucracy, showing how the material forms of postcolonial bureaucratic documentation produce a distinctive political economy of paper

http://bit.ly/UE8W8Y

Source: http://www.ucpress.edu/book.php?isbn=9780520272156
See if people are clicking on this link: http://bit.ly/UE8W8Y+
Try the bitly.com sidebar to see who is talking about a page on the web: http://bitly.com/pages/sidebar