Dear all,

Please find below two exciting job vacancies in the Cancer Research UK press office.

We need a Press Officer to write and issue press releases on a wide range of topics including newly published scientific papers, health campaigns, new statistics, clinical trial results and cancer treatments. You will also organise press conferences and other media events and develop and maintain positive working relationships with the charity's medical and scientific staff and associates. You’ll join a press team which regularly works to tight deadlines and you’ll help to maintain its position as the first port of call for journalists working on cancer stories. Communicating Cancer Research UK’s work to the public through all forms of media is vital as our research receives no government funding but relies on public donation.

Press officer (permanent)
http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/job/4553640/press-officer/?PipelinedPage=%2fjob-detail%2f4553640%2f

Press Officer (fixed-term contract)
http://jobs.guardian.co.uk/job/4553620/press-officer-maternity-cover-/?PipelinedPage=%2fjob-detail%2f4553620%2f

Closing Date: 16th December 2012
Interviews to be held on 19th and 20th December

I’m happy to answer any questions off-list.

Best wishes,
Laura

Laura Dibb

Press Manager
Cancer Research UK

Angel Building, 407 St John Street, London EC1V 4AD
Direct line: 0203 469 8051
Press Office: 0203 469 8300
Out of Hours: 07050 264 059
www.cancerresearchuk.org