Hi, Terry,

It's not a Turing test ... It's worse. This reply to Jerry is an example problematic
argumentation. To me, it is unacceptable to quote Jerry back to
himself and say, "Check the logic." If there is a flaw in the logic, it is your job
to explain it.

Jerry's analysis seems sound to me.

You are at odds with most everyone in neuroscience because you confuse
the physical mechanism through which we perceive reality with the
organizational mechanism that we use as a lens. Of course you think that
Damasio is wrong -- he understands both aspects. Your view of this is
mechanistic. Because you do not engage with people in neuroscience or
publish in the field, you don't approach neuroscience as a scientist does.
You approach neuroscience as an engineering problem.

While Jerry feels that you keep us on our toes, I am not sure, at least
not in the sense of robust argumentation from a scholar. Many of the
claims you make in these threads are stated as blunt opinion with the
added claim that your views are obvious and logical while ours must be
checked again.

That quality of argument is thin.

Once again, I ask what I asked before: You do not publish in the field
of neuroscience and you do no work that a neuroscientist would
recognize as neuroscience. I know you have thought about
neuroscience for ten years -- I have thought about physics far longer
but I am not a physicist. My earlier question remains: how are we
to distinguish your opinions about neuroscience from the opinions of
anyone else with opinions about neuroscience who does not actually
work in the field?

Ken