From: PhD-Design - This list is for discussion of PhD studies and related research in Design [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Terence Love
Sent: Thursday, December 13, 2012 2:34 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Wicked Problems

Hi Klaus,

It's a matter of 'necessary and sufficient'.
Language doesn't provide 'necessary and sufficient' explanation of design activity.  Hence, it is inappropriate to view theorising about design activity primarily through a 'language/communication' lens.

Similarly, viewing humans as unique creative beings is as false as a basis for understanding and theorising about design activity.
Humans are primarily routine, 'robotic' beings  in which creativity is usually an illusion. Creativity, like will, is rare - and, from experience, rare in artists.

Best wishes,
Terry