I'd like to thank everyone for your suggestions.

Many of the names are people who are good friends of mine and who are
indeed distinguished, but who we do not believe fulfill the criteria of
being widely known outside of their disciplines.

A good example is Bruno Latour, a good friend (and even a skiing companion
of my wife (I don't ski)).  Bruno is wonderful, funny, and deep.
I've known him since the 1980s. But wonderful though he might be, the
average CEO or CxO of a company (think HP, Sony, LG, Samsung, Ford,
Microsoft, Apple, google, is not apt to have heard of him. (Well, Larry
from google might have from courses with Winograd).

The most promising name was Danny Kahneman, someone I have known since the
1960s. He, his wife, and I all used to work in the same field of human
attention.  Danny has already agreed to give a keynote at the planned
conference so although i suggested him, the sponsor wanted at least one
other person.

Amanda asked for a better description of what I meant by "industry." Any
company doing work where they do (or ought to) use the talents of people
trained in the behavioral, cognitive, or social sciences.  Examples of
companies that do this well are Boeing and Airbus, consumer computer
companies, the US military (others might as well, but I am only familiar
with the US on this topic), a few automobile companies (Ford and BMW are
the two i have worked with on this topic), and so on.

Keith asked whether I was such a candidate. Probably, but that is the
point. The goal is for this person to engage in a public discussion with
me. So I am already on the program: we need someone with a lot more
credibility and external visibility to join me.  (We do NOT want a keynote
-- we want a discussion of the issues.)

Thanks everyone

That's an excellent list of names. Problem with most is that they are well
known to academics but not outside of academia.

Don