From: medieval-religion - Scholarly discussions of medieval religious culture [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Paul Chandler
Sent: 12 December 2012 07:11
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [M-R] Frustrations of archive.org

OK, so I'm looking for a two-part article by A. Ménager, "Le diverse sens du mot 'contemplatio' chez saint Grégoire le Grand", in Supplément à la vie spirituelle (June 1939): 145-169 and (July 1939): 39-56 -- I have the reference from Bernard McGinn's Growth of Mysticism. Apparently no paper copy in the Antipodes.

However, the Supplement seems to have been digitised by U of Toronto libraries, and maybe it is available through archive.org, or maybe not <http://archive.org/details/laviespirituelle03pari>. As often with digitised journals, there seems to be metadata for only one volume (vol. 3 in this case, which is the only one I can access). However, a mysterious note says:

"Vols. for include unnumbered supplement: Études et documents.
Vols. 1-36 (Oct. 1919-Sept. 1933) in 1 v.; v.37-91 (Oct. 1933-Dec. 1954) in 2 v"

Maybe this means that my 1939 article is in there somewhere. But how do I get it? What am I doing wrong? Why won't it work? Is this the brave new world, or not? Help appreciated. -- Paul

--
Paul Chandler, O.Carm.
Holy Spirit Seminary  |  PO Box 18 (487 Earnshaw Road)  |  Banyo Qld 4014  |  Australia

to: [log in to unmask]
to: [log in to unmask]