With apologies for cross-posting

National Acquisition Group (NAG) Public Library Forum

NAG is planning an innovative Public Library Forum to support and promote the sector.

We want to identify best practice and drive the cutting edge of public library stock procurement, management and promotion.

NAG considers this development is timely as new service models are emerging, new strategic alliances are being forged, public, social and private partnerships are developing and resources are under scrutiny as never before – driving our need to become ever more successful at attracting inward investment.

All of this we believe further confirms the vital role that the right stock has in developing the USP (unique selling point) for our service.

So…

·         What do we need to do to differentiate our service from that of our neighbours?

·         Which partnerships are successful and why?

o       What does that look like in practice?

·         How do we contribute to successfully service delivery for our communities, customers and partners?

·         Will RDA contribute to that success?

·         How do we exploit our collective expertise in collection management and development?

·         And what does success look like?

o       How do we measure that?

So we need your input because we need to know what you think is important.

And - have we missed something off the list you believe should have been there?

We are planning an event for May 2013 and will use your priorities to design the day.

We want 3 key topics for the morning and 3 for the afternoon and we propose a mixture of papers and workshops and discussion groups. What would your top 3 be? Please let us know – contact details are below.

And if you yourself would like to give a paper or lead a discussion we would love to hear from you! Again, please use the contact details below

The provisional cost is £50 for half a day, £75 for the full day and if any Authority wishes to send more than one delegate, we will make a reduction.

(Speakers and discussion leaders will of course attend free.)

Please send any suggestions or comments to –

Judith Rhodes, the NAG Administrator, who will forward them directly to the Forum organisers