From: lis-pub-libs: UK Public Libraries [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Clark, Ian ([log in to unmask])
Sent: 10 December 2012 15:17
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Society of Chief Librarians report

Hi all,

I note in The Guardian's report on library closures it states the following:

"The decline in numbers comes as fresh analysis from the Society of Chief Librarians shows that libraries are no longer used merely for borrowing books."
[http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/dec/10/uk-lost-200-libraries-2012 <http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/dec/10/uk-lost-200-libraries-2012> ]

It then goes on to describe the analysis, pointing to five different types of library user that it identifies.

However, there is no link to this analysis and I cannot find it on the SCL website.  Anyone know where it is, how to get hold of it, whether I can get hold of it?

Thanks in advance,

Ian Clark
Special Resources Assistant Librarian,
Augustine House,
Canterbury Christ Church University

Tel. 01227 782378

Follow us on Twitter: @ccculibrary

This e-mail is intended for the addressee only. If you have received it in error, please contact the sender and delete the material from your computer. Please be aware that information in this email may be confidential, legally privileged and/or copyright protected.