Dear all

I could get the kind advice from John and Ian. Thank you for their great help.

I am going to report the current situation of public libraries in UK
to the Japanese LIS researchers, librarians and the other people who
are interested in that topic.

As they probably know the news that more than 200 UK public libraries
have closed in 2012, and will ask me about the details. The latest
press release about CIPFA statistics has confused me, so I have asked
for the help on the LIS-PUB-LIBS.

In Japan, the number of libraries and opening hours are increasing.
But to cut the budget, more and more libraries are outsourced and
managed by private companies. Especially, in Tokyo, there are far more
outsourced libraries than the ones managed directly by local
governments. I am afraid that it will affect the quality of services
and working conditions of library staffs.

Kind regards

 --
Chie SUGA
Keio University