From: Clark, Ian ([log in to unmask])
Sent: 10 December 2012 15:17
To: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
Subject: Society of Chief Librarians report

Hi all,

I note in The Guardian’s report on library closures it states the following:

“The decline in numbers comes as fresh analysis from the Society of Chief Librarians shows that libraries are no longer used merely for borrowing books.”
[http://www.guardian.co.uk/books/2012/dec/10/uk-lost-200-libraries-2012]

It then goes on to describe the analysis, pointing to five different types of library user that it identifies.

However, there is no link to this analysis and I cannot find it on the SCL website.  Anyone know where it is, how to get hold of it, whether I can get hold of it?

Thanks in advance,

Ian Clark
Special Resources Assistant Librarian,
Augustine House,