Hi Adrian,

On 3 December 2012 20:21, Adrian Sevcenco <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
hmm, i might hit a technical misunderstanding of mine here:
doesn't the VO have the only jobs submitter machine (WMS) for the respective VO? If so, the WMS can log directly the user DN and the associated job information that can lead to more detailed accounting.
It is in my opinion that all this over-sized and over complex information system of EMI(gLite) is not needed .. beside accounting info that a vo can gather from a site through some simple means, a site should not need to do such extensive information reporting.

No, this is not feasible, I doubt it could be even technically possible in a distributed environment. For sure, releasing log data would cause more legal issues to your institute than any other accounting mechanism.

I will iterate the subject with my (senior) colleague from NIHAM and i will see how it goes ... until then i will put ticket on hold.
Also, i am sure that with some good will, all this information and reporting system can be made simpler, safer and flexible in its components.

I would suggest to refer also to your NGI and NGI Operations Manager, for more clarifications.

Regards
 Peter

--
Peter Solagna