Series of commentaries commissioned by the late Gavin Mooney

From: Equity, Health & Human Development [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Ruggiero, Mrs. Ana Lucia (WDC)
Subject: [EQ] International perspectives on public health equity - Now available online

Healthy Equity – A series of invited commentaries

Australian and New Zealand Journal of Public Health

Volume 36, Issue 6, pages 513–514, December 2012

Website: http://bit.ly/QVXzft

Why are we failing on health equity and how can we do better in future?

Gavin Mooney http://bit.ly/101mkLl

“….I feel that health inequity is the biggest challenge facing public health not only in Australia but across the globe. Health services in developed and yet more so in developing countries are increasingly threatened with increased demands and, with the economic turmoil faced by the planet, a tightening of public spending on health services.
This has very real adverse consequences for population health, in particular the health of the poor and disadvantaged. Public sector budgets more generally are being squeezed with cuts in welfare payments, in public education and in social services generally. …”

Health equity: the challenge

Professor Sir Michael Marmot http://bit.ly/WCBbuG

We are failing on health equity because we are failing on equity

Paula Braveman http://bit.ly/Yw0FKA

Aboriginal health equity: the key is culture

Dennis Eggington http://bit.ly/UWR6iN

Inequity, psychoactive drug use and drug-related harm

Alex Wodak http://bit.ly/R9ZkWy

Health inequities: causes and potential solutions

Kalie Kissoon, Charles Larson and Niranjan Kissoon http://bit.ly/Yw00sO

Health inequity in South Africa – a by-product of injustice

Amaboo Dhai and Yosuf Veriava http://bit.ly/RK4ydf

Scenarios of inequity, South Africa's Limpopo and the Australian Western Desert

Jeanne Daly, Craig Sinclair and Annette Stokes http://bit.ly/Td0Oz5

Health equity lessons from Kerala

Delampady Narayana http://bit.ly/UWQCJu

A view of health equity from Europe
Margaret Whitehead
http://bit.ly/UjkGS6

cid:image001.gif@01CDD8AA.9CCCF490KMC/2012/SDE
Twitter
http://twitter.com/eqpaho

 *      *     *
This message from the Pan American Health Organization, PAHO/WHO, is part of an effort to disseminate
information Related to: Equity; Health inequality; Socioeconomic inequality in health; Socioeconomic
health differentials; Gender; Violence; Poverty; Health Economics; Health Legislation; Ethnicity; Ethics;
Information Technology - Virtual libraries; Research & Science issues.  [DD/ KMC Area]
Washington DC USA

“Materials provided in this electronic list are provided "as is". Unless expressly stated otherwise, the findings
and interpretations included in the Materials are those of the authors and not necessarily of The Pan American
Health Organization PAHO/WHO or its country members”.
PAHO/WHO Website
Equity List - Archives - Join/remove: http://listserv.paho.org/Archives/equidad.html
Twitter http://twitter.com/eqpaho

IMPORTANT: This transmission is for use by the intended
recipient and it may contain privileged, proprietary or
confidential information. If you are not the intended
recipient or a person responsible for delivering this
transmission to the intended recipient, you may not
disclose, copy or distribute this transmission or take
any action in reliance on it. If you received this transmission
in error, please dispose of and delete this transmission.

Thank you.