Dear John,

I am deeply saddened to hear of this tragic news.  I am fortunate that I had both the pleasure and the honour of working with Nico on the GEM Board.  His passion and enthusiasm for heritage teaching and learning was always infectious and the wealth of experiences and different perspectives that he brought to the table benefitted not only us who worked with him, but also the whole GEM membership!

His passing is a loss to the whole sector, in Holland, the UK and much further afield.

Please pass my sincere condolences to his family and colleagues.

Yours,

Jim