Dear Gemmers,

Developing marketing skills is high on the agenda for museums in the age of
austerity. To support this learning we have developed over time a range of
marketing courses open for new bids. They are all practical sessions which
will help develop marketing skills for staff in museums, libraries, archives
and the heritage sector. They include:
- Strategic Marketing: A practical approach to reaching visitors and users:
http://bit.ly/CC_StratMar - which will help you plan to attract more people
to use your service again and again
- Qualitative Research: Using tools that work: http://bit.ly/CC_QualRes -
you'll discover the best techniques for understanding the needs of your
visitors
- Visitor and user data: How to collect and use it effectively:
http://bit.ly/CC_VisitorUserData - you'll learn why visitor research is
important, and how to make the most of it
- Managing your brand: Ensuring your brand reflects your organisation's &
visitors' needs: http://bit.ly/CC_brand will leave you clear about what your
organisation is and how to tell everyone else!

Bidding now for these or other Creating Capacity sessions will help the
courses will run in the new year. Our social enterprise mission is to
develop training inspired by you, so do let us know what you'd like to see
in 2013. You can post your ideas for new training here:
http://bit.ly/CC_Idea

All good wishes,
Henrietta and Anita

Creating Capacity