Hi Michael

First, in general you will always see differences between runs if something changes, like a mask that was waypoint becomes exclusion. This is because of the random number generation.

In your case, there is another source of difference, which is due to how waypoint and exclusion work.

Tracking proceeds along two opposite directions from the seed position. The two "half" streamlines can either be consider separately or in conjunction, and both can be useful in different contexts.

For exclusion, the two halves are considered separately. I.e. if one half goes through the exclusion mask, but not the other, we keep one half.

For inclusion (waypoints), you can either consider the two halves together or separately, using the option " --onewaycondition".
So imagine again that one half crosses the waypoint but not the other, then by default, the two halves get excluded. If you set "--onewaycondition", only one half gets excluded.

In terms of counting, a streamline is counted if either of its two halves is retained.

So you see from the above that  "inclusion = not exclusion" only if you set the --onewaycondition.

Cheers
Saad