Dear Stephen Smith

Thank you very much for your clarification.
I was wondering, since fslview uses x11 on linux, maybe a switch can be added so it forces fslview to x11 mode even on mac? Is it possible?
Is it something that a user who is not familiar with code of fslview, but who is not afraid might be able to do with guidance from fsl team?

My terminal is linux. As far as I can tell vnc screen share of apple does not work with linux. People say it crashes very soon after connection to be useful. For me, I get login screen but cannot enter password due to crash, so vnc to apple is not an option for me....

Other gui tools have command line versions which is often enough for me :) fslview is the most convenient viewer.

can somebody recommend an x11 nifti viewer for mac?

Thank you very much for your help

Lazar