Hi Matt -
I am probably  missing something - where do you see  the averaged time
course and num voxels in the output of a low level analysis?  The peak
z-stat co-ordinate should be within the pre-threshold mask.   For FEATquery
it will depend on whether you run it on the thresh_zstats or
non-thresholded images.

You're probably aware - a cluster-based threshold of 0 in FEAT is
meaningless.  But it will not include all voxels, as many will have
negative values.

Cheers,

Eugene