Hi all

Sorry to bring this up yet again.

We have recently discovered that our Learning Support team have been requesting various access arrangements for students that do not necessarily need these arrangements in the classroom, but, according to them, need the arrangement in the exam as they panic and get stressed and it is only then that they need the arrangement.  These arrangements are backed up by the appropriate evidence, and our learning support team signing one of our forms agreeing that it is the usual way of working.

Have any of you come across this?  To my mind if the student is not using it in the classroom, even though recommended, they should not have it during the exam.  Surely a bit of stress with exams is normal, and not necessarily a good enough reason to expect an access arrangement, is it?

Thanks,

Samantha Vowles

Exams Officer

Funding and Information Services
Somerset College

Wellington Road
Taunton
Somerset
TA1 5AX
T: 01823 366456
F: 01823 366306

www.somerset.ac.uk

Description: cid:image001.png@01CD7166.882E9710Description: cid:image003.png@01CD7166.882E9710Description: cid:image004.png@01CD7166.882E9710Description: cid:image002.png@01CD7166.882E9710

www.somerset.ac.uk

STOP! Do you really need to print off this e-mail?
Be Green - Keep it on the screen

Somerset College of Arts & Technology is protected by:- McAfee Antivirus Suite and GFI MailEssentials Spam & Content Filtering.