Sent: 06 December 2012 12:49
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: AAT online exams - long description

Hi everyone,

I am looking for help re: AAT online exams as it gives us hard time. Well, I know now it is our LAN network/connection to the AAT. If I run it via wireless connection – all okay.

Please have a read and share if you have ever experienced something like that.

Keycode typed in and the SecureAssess software downloads the examination file and we can see Confirm Details screen. In the admin panel their status is Ready (online as it should).

But as soon as Students hit Confirm details then some Students’ status go offline (Disconnected) and since then I have no control of the examination at all, I can’t Pause it and I can’t even see when they have completed their exams. I need to upload their results manually, after all.

Sometimes, when the examination crashes they come back to online once AAT has been restarted in the middle of the exam (i.e. software crash). Don’t know why.

We changed our network policy for examination user profile, with no proxy but it doesn’t seem to help as the AAT exams run temperamental anyway. Sometimes online, sometimes offline...

It looks like the SecureAssess cuts data packets and because the AAT server’s soft cannot afford to lose any bits – it cuts the connection from that client.

The below is the screenshot of the SecureAssess admin panel, Invigilation tab, taken straight after students have confirmed their details.

It’s something on our side as via wireless connection – it’s all okay.

Has anyone had similar issue with the network?

Many thanks,

Damian

Damian Goryszewski

On-line Testing Administrator

Solihull College

0121 678 7000

www.solihull.ac.uk

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify
the system manager.

This footnote also confirms that this email message has been swept by SOPHOS for the presence of computer viruses.