At the last AoC conference we had a workshop on access arrangements where it was plainly revealed that they are not applied in the same way across the country. There is no even playing field for students and the JCQ (who are only the awarding organisations wearing a different hat) know this and will or choose not to act burying their heads in the sand.  I have seen evidence of abuse of the system where certain schools with fee paying parents will accept without question paid-for "reports" and consequently a very high number of these disadvantaged children will have access arrangements whilst some state schools will have none or very few.  If you have time check your incoming access arrangement requests against the previous school and the proportion it represents, I think that you will find some interesting data.
We should not be the decision makers only the application makers.   I'm looking forward to meeting the JCQ representative who is hopefully  coming to the AoC conference in February!  We need absolute clarity!
Chris Hemming
Examinations Officer
Hills Road Sixth Form College | Cambridge CB2 8PE              [New_HRSFC_Logo_300x60]
*Direct line 01223 278027 | Fax 01223 278070 | [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Please consider the environment and don't print this email unless you really need to.