Hello!

Does anyone know of a report on what percentage of records in CENTRAL are unique records and what percentage aren't trials of any kind?

(Ahmed, you possibly live in one of the regions of Canada that has a license. I live in an area with no license at all, and you can't see the bibliographic details for anything in CENTRAL. What you can see without a license seems to me to have got more restricted over the years, and most countries don't have national licenses.)

Hilda

From: "<Ahmed Abou-Setta>", "M.D." <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Date: Monday, December 3, 2012 3:34 AM
To: "[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>" <[log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>>
Subject: Re: RCTs

Hi Jon,

For a PubMed search, you get:

Randomized controlled trial[PTYP]  >>  333596
Controlled Clinical trial[PTYP]  >>  84639
Combined           >>  413488

This will get you the RCTs/ NRCTs.

As for Central being free, I just searched it without being logged on through www.thecochranelibrary.com<http://www.thecochranelibrary.com>. I had no issues with searching the library or CENTRAL. You can also download any number of citations from Central as needed, but you can’t access the full text of the reviews in the CDSR, which is password protected. I don’t think Canada has a nation-wide access policy so if it works fine here then it should also work in the UK. I definitely used to do this regularly when searching while still in Egypt a few years ago and never had any problems searching CENTRAL.

Hope this helps.

Ahmed