Hi there,

I wish to draw this issue to the attention of the critgeog list as well as researchers with a background in resilience and disaster work. Currently (to my best knowledge as I am not in NYC) the Mayors office is evicting occupy style community hubs that have been set up by the occupy network in Hurricane Sandy stricken communities as a response to a lack of FEMA and Red Cross aid. As my research is based in community resilience work I am horrified that such a step would be taken but suspect that it is being done out of fear of loss of state control of recovery projects.

I am going to be be emailing the address given at this website http://occupywallst.org/article/mayors-office-threatens-imminent-eviction-247-comm/ ([log in to unmask]) and I would like to suggest anyone else who has an interest in this do so too. It is of great importance to the resilience of these communities to future events that such networks of support be strengthened and maintained!

Thanks for your time,

Raven Cretney.

--
Master of Environmental Studies Candidate
School of Geography, Environment and Earth Sciences

Ph: 0275120500
Email: [log in to unmask]
Work Email: [log in to unmask]