Begin forwarded message:

From: "Randy Schekman" <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: The eLife journal is now online.
Date: December 13, 2012 10:00:09 AM PST
To: Axel Brunger <[log in to unmask]>

Dear Axel,

In June 2011, three of the most prestigious research funding bodies in the world came together in a collaboration to inspire change in the communication of scientific discoveries. The first product of this collaboration is an open-access journal for the most influential research in life science and biomedicine, which will be a platform for increasing the quality of peer review and showing how technology can be used to enhance the presentation of scientific results: eLife.

Over the past year and a half, we’ve introduced the eLife logo, website, and the 200-strong editorial board, we announced the call for papers, and we published our first articles.

Today marks the culmination of eLife’s first phase, with the launch of the fully functional eLife journal website.

On the journal website, we can now:

And this is just a starting point.  Think of the eLife journal website as a continually evolving platform for introducing and disseminating research. Let us know what enhancements you’d like to see next. Judge for yourself at http://elife.elifesciences.org.

Thank you.

Randy

Randy Schekman
HHMI Investigator / Editor-in-Chief, eLife
Dept. of Mol. and Cell Biology, Li Ka Shing Center
UC Berkeley, Berkeley, CA 94720-3370