Dear archivists,

We are about to start some preparation work before our film and sound archive is digitised externally. I have been looking for some guidance on assessing and cataloguing film and sound archives, and wonder whether anyone has any guidelines which would be helpful? At the moment we have very basic level catalogue data available.

I have already looked at the very helpful Film Archives Forum as well as ARA Film, Sound and Photo Group, FIAF, IASA, British and Irish Sound Archives and the 2001 SoA Best Practice Guidlines on film and sound archives, but many of the standards around are too technical or too general. Ideally I would like to see something which fits with ISAD(G) and Adlib.

Any suggestions?

Best wishes

Charlotte Berry
Archivist