STOR-i Workshop, Lancaster University
Thursday 10th-Friday 11th January, 2013

The STOR-i Doctoral Training Centre is hosting the second annual STOR-i research workshop with talks from key researchers from Statistics, Operational Research and Industry.  We have a number of places available for PhD students and staff from UK universities. Please read on for further details.

STOR-i is a pioneering training centre with a ground-breaking approach to statistics and operational research, one of only three mathematics-based doctoral training centres in the UK. We deliver a new style of training for PhD students with the aim to develop a new generation of researcher capable of making a real impact with their research in both the academic and industrial fields. For further information about the STOR-i DTC please visit our website at http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk.
Please see the STOR-i website for a schedule for the two day event:
Day 1:
http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/event-info/workshop2013-day1
Day 2: http://www.stor-i.lancs.ac.uk/event-info/workshop2013-day2.

Please note attendance at the workshop is free, including all refreshments, lunch and evening meal on Day 1 and refreshments and lunch on Day 2.
As part of our commitment to training and dissemination of research we are pleased to offer a limited number of workshop places to academic staff and PhD students from UK universities. Please read on for details of how to request a place on the workshop.

Academic staff:
If you would like to request a place on the STOR-i workshop, please send an email to
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] by Friday 14th December containing:
-         Your name
-         Institution of research
We will inform you on the 17th December whether you have secured a place on the workshop.

PhD students:
We have funding available to cover travel costs for a limited number of UK-based PhD students. To support a case for funding we require the title of your PhD, host institution/department/supervisor and a short statement (1/2 page maximum) outlining why attending the workshop would be beneficial to your studies. If you would like to request a place on the STOR-i workshop, please send an email to
[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask] by Friday 14th December containing:
-         Your name
-         Institution of study
-         If you would like to apply for funding for travel, please also send details as outlined above.
We will inform you on the 17th December whether you have secured a place on the workshop.

Kind regards,

Jonathan Tawn
Director of STOR-i

SIGNOFF allstat