Dear Colleagues:

My co-editor, Nikki Bado, and I wish to update you on the
once and former book series known as the
Equinox Studiesin Contemporary and Historical Paganism.

As of last year, we had four books under contract in the series.
Then Equinox merged with another privately held British academic publisher, Acumen.

The merger did not go well, however, and as of late October,
the two are separate entities.

Under the de-merger agreement, religious studies books in
production were retained by Acumen.

For us, that means two edited collections --

1. Kaarina Aitamurto and Scott Simpson, eds. Modern Pagan and Native Faith Movements in Central and Eastern Europe.
<http://www.isdistribution.com/BookDetail.aspx?aId=21507>

2. Donna Weston and Andy Bennett, eds., Pop Pagans: Pagans and Popular Music.
<http://www.isdistribution.com/BookDetail.aspx?aId=21502>

The other two books under contract have not yet been completed.
So aside from those two title, future books will be published under the
Equinox imprint, not Acumen's.

What this means: Equinox may not publish any new religious-studies books until 2014.
However, 2014 is not far off in publishing terms.

Therefore, if you have developed a book proposal in contemporary or historical Paganism
and wish to submit it for consideration in the series, please do send it on.
We are again "open for business" at Equinox.

Chas S. Clifton <[log in to unmask]>  Nikki Bado  <[log in to unmask]>