Pg. 235 provides some archaeological evidence (with citations) for bone used as fuel for fire:

On the Role of Fire in Neandertal Adaptations in Western Europe: Evidence from Pech de l'Azé and Roc de Marsal, France.
Pages 216-242
Dennis M. Sandgathe, Harold L. Dibble, Paul Goldberg, Shannon P. McPherron, Alain Turq, Laura Niven, and Jamie Hodgkins

Found here

Flint