Post-Doctoral Position in Zooarchaeology

The Department of Human Evolution at the Max Planck Institute for
Evolutionary Anthropology (Leipzig, Germany) is seeking a post-doctoral
researcher with a specialization in faunal analysis.

We will consider favorably researchers developing novel or interesting
methods addressing such faunal topics as, for example: human
subsistence, organic artifacts, bone surface modification, bone as fuel
for fires, seasonality, and taphonomy. We are not seeking a researcher
who primarily specializes in isotopic analysis. Experimental programs
are welcome, and the department is prepared to invest in equipment to
support a research program. Chronological and spatial overlap with the
Department’s current research interests is preferred. However, we will
also consider researchers specialized in Upper Paleolithic or LSA
assemblages/artifacts who are prepared to start a program of comparison
with earlier assemblages.

The Max Planck Society is committed to employing physically impaired
individuals and to increasing the share of women in areas where they are
underrepresented, and therefore expressly encourages applications from
such qualified individuals.

The application deadline is January 15, 2013. Please send a one page
research agenda along with a CV and the names of three references via
e-mail to Diana Carstens ([log in to unmask]), as well as a hard copy to:

Jean-Jacques Hublin, Department of Human Evolution, Max Planck Institute
for Evolutionary Anthropology, Deutscher Platz 6, D-04103 Leipzig, Germany

Further information on the Department of Human Evolution is available on
our website: http://www.eva.mpg.de/evolution/