Date: Fri, 9 Nov 2012 12:23:16 +0000
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [ZOOARCH] Comparative bone collections of Asian gazelle (Procapra), Tahr (Hemitragus), serow (Capricornis), goral (Nemorhaedus), bharal (Pseudois)
To: [log in to unmask]

Dear all,

I am currently doing a zooarchaeological study on the faunal remains from Neolithic period of western part of China, and will concentration on the early domestication/introduction of sheep and goats. I find it's quite hard to separate the Ovis and Capra from some wild species of subfamily Caprinae, which also ranged in my research area in Neolithic China.  Does anyone know where can I go to see the comparative bone collections (I hope I could see not only the skull, but also the postcranial bones) of these animals? Or does anyone know any reference regarding the osteology of these animals? Any other advices are very welcome!:)

Thanks very much!:)

Best,
Yiru
--