Same here. We use our own. If it's down, so is probably the rest of the site, so I don't need to worry about this.

Cheers,
Daniela

On 16 November 2012 11:59, Alessandra Forti <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
In fact EGI (Tiziana) advocates having multiple servers behind a DNS alias - it seems the UK is unusual in not doing it like that. I'm not sure if there's much practical difference - anyway it seems that most top BDIIs, including ours, are highly reliable now. But obviously something like the recent powercut at RAL implies you must have some kind of cross-site faiilover - did that cause problems at any UK sites?
most other countries probably don't have distributed failover but multiple top BDIIs at T1. Manchester didn't have any problem during the power cut. I'm actually glad we didn't drop our service in the move to EMI-2 for once it was useful.

cheers
alessandra

--
Sent from the pit of despair