Subject: publishing the perfSONAR service
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2012 16:14:59 +0100
From: Simone Campana <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
CC: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>

Dear all,

in the scope of the WLCG operations task force for perfSONAR deployment, we agreed that perfSONAR should be published in GOCDB and OIM like any other relevant WLCG service (SRM, CREAM, etc ..).

Therefore we created in GOCDB two new service types:

net.perfSONAR.Bandwidth
net.perfSONAR.Latency

The corresponding services in OIM will be created soon as well.

We would like to ask GOCDB sites which have deployed instances of perfSONAR, to declare them in GOCDB, under the proper service type. If you are deploying both the Bandwidth and Latency tests on a single machine, please publish the machine both under the Latency and Bandwidth service types.

We will follow up the status at the next WLCG ops coordination meeting and possibly send GGUS tickets to the sites not publishing the service.

For any question please contact  [log in to unmask]

Cheers

Simone