On 15 nov. 2012, at 19:24, Vladimir Bogdanov wrote:

Dear Alexander,

How to get access to probabilistic atlases of human brain? Could you send any links where they can be downloaded?

Thank you in advacne!

Sincerely yours,
Vladimir

Volodymyr B. Bogdanov, PhD

--- On Thu, 11/15/12, Alexander Hammers <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

From: Alexander Hammers <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: Re: [SPM] AAL atlas labels
To: [log in to unmask]
Date: Thursday, November 15, 2012, 11:51 AM

Dear Bas & al.,

Marko's recollection is correct - AAL for all its virtues was derived from a single brain, and will therefore always be off - on average - like all single brain atlases. This has now been shown systematically and repeatedly (e.g. PubMed ID of paper / PMID: 16860573, PMID: 19261422), complete with quantification of the errors.

There is, in my humble opinion, no reason left to use single-subject atlases in 2012, especially as multi-subject based atlases are readily available (e.g. PMID: 12874777 / PMID: 18234511).

All the best and happy mapping,

Alexander