Sure the question about variance is omnipresent in such comparison. And yet I wish I could use fMRI as a powerful tool in presurgical evaluation - not only evaluation of single subject maps but in comparison with healthy controls "database". So for the sake of this comparison I still have to find the optimal nr of subjects (perhaps the more the better, and yet there are scanning costs, man power, volunteers search etc). Perhaps anyone is doing such examinations in your clinic?
Marko, I am very grateful for your response
Thank you
Laura