Dear SPM experts,

we have performed a VBM analysis with 4 groups (3 with different grade of pathology and 1 healthy control group). We carried out an ANOVA between 4 groups with no covariates given that there were no significant differences between groups regarding variables which could affect gray matter volume (TIV, Age, Gender, Schooling..).

Even
though, reviewers have suggested us to include TIV and Age as covariates, would it be correct? in case of including them, would they act as a confounding agent, introducing noise to the analysis?

Thank you in advance for the help.

--
Maria Serra

PIC (Port d'Informació Científica)