Hi Donald,

We got the PPPI toolbox up and running and it does look like it will provide us with the modeling capability we need.

I am wondering if you might elaborate on your concern about collinearity in the design, though.  We're getting the following warning in MATLAB and am wondering whether such a collinearity might be responsible:

Warning: Matrix is close to singular or badly scaled.
         Results may be inaccurate. RCOND = 1.266417e-020.
> In spm_PEB>spm_inv at 371
  In spm_PEB at 244
  In PPPI at 633

Our design matrix has 7 columns as you specified below (plus one for the constant) - we only have one task which has a block design consisting of 5 control blocks interleaved with 4 experimental blocks.  Where exactly would problems with collinearity arise?  Let me know if you need more info about the task.

Thanks so much!

Annchen